How To Do Palm Tree Stump Removal
There is no doubt that palm trees are beautiful but they do not last for long. There will come a time when you will need to remove them leaving you with a palm tree stump in your yard. Even though removing it is slightly difficult and you may need tree removal services, we are going to make it easy for you by sharing some important tips. Let’s begin!
Method 1: Manual Palm Tree Stump Removal Using Hands
If you thought removing a palm tree stump by hand is not possible, you were wrong. At the same time, you might also be thinking that simply pulling the stump will help uproot the roots and all but that is not going to be the case either as well.
The right way to do it is by using a chainsaw and disconnecting the root ball and trunk from the branches of its root located underground and then dividing the trunk like pizza slices. However, before you begin the process, make sure that you are wearing protective equipment.
- Use the chainsaw to trim the stump as much as you can to make the pieces lighter.
- Use a shovel to dig around the tree stump and begin disconnecting the roots from the trunk using a pick or an ax.
- When cutting the roots, remove soil to the depth of the stump. This will show you how deep its roots are.
- Make four pieces out of the trunk. First, cut it in half, and later cut those pieces in their halves.
- Use the wood inserts to access the sliced trunk parts.
- Use a sledgehammer to push the wood inserts down helping to split the trunk.
- Place a crowbar between each trunk park and use it to split the parts into smaller pieces.
- Continue removing and disconnecting the stump by using an ex to remove the rootball as well as the trunk from the ground.
Method 2: Burning Palm Tree Stumps
Another way of removing palm tree stumps is by burning them. Some people prefer not to use the ax or any other sharp material to prevent serious injuries, which seems logical. Therefore, the burning technique only involves putting kerosene on the stump and allowing it to soak in the wood.
You will need to wait a few hours in some cases for the kerosene oil to properly soak inside the wood and then light it up. However, keep in mind that the burning process can last for hours. Some states have strict regulations against man-made fires, which can lead to serious penalties.
There have been several cases in the past where fires had spread to near forests or woods, threatening lives and properties in the surrounding.
Method 3: Using Tree Stump Grinders
If burning the stump or removing it using your hands is not an option, you can rent a stump grinder to remove the palm tree stump. But keep in mind that a stump grinder comes with sharp blades for trimming the stump. Therefore, while using it, the stump pieces will fly everywhere and may come in contact with the eyes or other body parts leading to scratches or minor injuries.
- Remove rocks or anything that might obstruct the blades during the process.
- Using a chainsaw, trim the stump as much as possible to speed up the process.
- Bring the grinder closer and slowly remove the layers of the stump.
- To remove the roots and the rootball, adjust the grinder downward until the entire stump is finished.
- Remove the wood chips and cover the area using soil.
Can I Hire A Professional For Palm Tree Stump Removal?
Yes, hiring a professional palm tree stump removal is going to be a better option if you are not willing to remove the stump on your own or do not have the required skills and expertise. Hiring a professional will cost you money but you will be spending some on renting a grinder anyways.
Therefore, a professional will do a much more thorough and time-efficient job helping you save a lot of time and effort at the end of the day.
That was all about removing a palm tree stump. If you plan on removing the stump on your own, make sure you follow the safety standards or hire tree cutting services Potomac to do it the right way.